Thursday, May 7, 2020

Papatūānuku

Watch: 



Do: 

What do you think is meant by ‘Papatūānuku is breathing’?

Sit outside in a quiet spot, listen, and watch for 2 minutes.

What do you notice or observe?

What do you hear?

What do you wonder?
Write your ideas in this doc or write a comment on this blog post.
Think about your time in rāhui (lockdown). Have you done anything that will help Papatūānuku during this time? What has lockdown done for our environment?

Watch: the two clips about Ranginui (Sky Father) and Papatūānuku (Earth Mother).





Practice your pronunciation of Māori kupu. 
Sing the song.
Māori Dictionary Use this to look up Māori words. Find them, listen to how they are spoken, and practice them.
Here are some kupu to practice: Papatūānuku, Ranginui, Whānau.

3 comments:

  1. i liked the song its really good and it can teach you alot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like the song. Remember to write your name with your comment.

      Delete
  2. Gosh what a beautiful video - Paptuanuku is breathing. It reminded me of how beautiful our land is and how important this time is to think about how we can do things a little bit differently when we are out of lockdown.
    I wonder what you might do differently? I know that I am going to spend more time riding my bike and less time driving my car.

    ReplyDelete