Monday, May 4, 2020

May is Music Month!


What is NZ Music Month?
The purpose of NZ Music Month is to celebrate music from New
Zealand, and the people who make it.
Watch: music videos of NZ musicians

Talk:to your whanau.
What are some of the ‘old’ songs that they like?
What NZ artists and bands do you like to listen to?
If you could meet any NZ artist or band who would it be?
Do: You can choose a task or do all of them.
1. Make a list of NZ artists and bands that you like, with your favourite
song.
2. Write a letter to your favourite singer or band, telling them why
you like their music and try to convince them to come to our school
and share their music with us. Share it with me via google drive.
3. Write your own song. It could be about being in lockdown or
anything that interests you.
4. Add a NZ song and the lyrics to the shared class slideshow.
Write your name on the slide.

Watch the clip below to help you with your letter writing.


I have loved music for a long time.
When I was a similar age to you,
the first concert I ever went to was Split Enz. 
I wonder if anyone in your family
knows any of their songs? I enjoy listening
to many musicians - Bic Runga, Six60, Gin Wigmore,
Dave Dobbyn, Che Fu, Alien Weaponry, and many more.
- Whaea Kat

No Place Like Home -
Tiki Taane ft Ria Hall
Nau mai, haere mai
A place where the ocean meets the sky
Everyone is welcome here, 
with open arms and plenty to share
From the North Island to the South
Mountains high to rivers mouth 
For this is our homeland and sea
and we are the guardians,
we are kaitiaki!
There is no place I'd rather be, 
than right here now,
just you and me, yeah
There is no one I'd rather see,
together my friends and family 

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment