Thursday, September 18, 2014

Operetta Fever has hit Hamilton East School!!

How did we feel before the show?

"I felt excited when I was getting ready and then nervous when it came to performing!"

"Before the dance I thought I would muck up and my braces would come loose but they didn't so I was amazed!"

"When I got on stage I was chilled!"


"I had butterflies in my stomach before the show!"

"I was nervousxcited!!" (Nervous + excited)

"Before the show I felt hypo and nervous. I giggled a lot and squeeled. "

"I felt nervous and excited and I had lots of energy!"

What did we think about our make up?

"I was so excited I kept wiggling around while they were applying my makeup."

"When I was getting my face painted it tickled and it was cold."

"When they put the mascara on my eyes were watering."

"I was feeling excited that I was getting my makeup on, there was glitter and it's sparkly under the lights."

"It was scary getting the lip gloss on because it might go in your mouth, yuck!!!"

"I felt scared when someone put glitter on my eyelids, it might go in my eye, ouch!!"

"The dollar signs on my cheeks were making me itch!"

"When I got the makeup on it felt really funny and all the girls looked really pretty and some of the boys got makeup on too."






After the show we felt.....

"I was happy because I didn't forget my lines."

"I was proud of myself becaue I sang loud in front of lots of people."

"I like the stage because I like to sing and I wanted to stay on the stage."

"I felt proud because I performed well as the giant clothing."

"I felt really proud of myself when I was doing the Operetta and I couldn't wait to do it again!"

"When the show finished I felt free because all the butterflies in my stomach went out."


"After the Operetta I felt really proud to get all my nerves out of my body."

"I felt proud and happy because I got the actions right so I can get it right next time."






16 comments:

  1. I Liked the operetta because... I wore a clothes hanger and I got to make a guitar and play as a rockstar. We got to come to school at 6:30 and chill before the show. I like coming to school at night because its cool we get to play games and watch movies whilst getting ready for the operetta at the same time. My favourite part was when I come to the front. My guitar was white and blue. I enjoyed our operetta this year.

    Liam Room10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I had so much fun past these few nights and afternoons its was a great experience for me.I wish we had it everyday and go to real shows and gigs.

    From Elizabeth Rm 10

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW look at me and Sharon Thank you for doing hamilton east school makeup
    i will miss next year you are just like my nanny
    From Niaana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt happy my guitar is a rook star.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Operetta is really fun to get ready put the makeup on and glitter and the face paint . It is a good idea to have the Operetta because it gives the people who are shy and quiet a chance to stand out and shine . I really liked the dance at the beginning because it was very amusing.

    By Brooke Room 10

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Suze when I put on the cream and do the face paint it hurts.
    I like doing the twinkle game with Alaa,Nandini, Maddison,Sapana,Lara and me, Alice.
    I like doing the operetta because it is fun.
    I can't wait to do the next operetta.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of us looked amazing at the operetta. We had connect4 we were playing connect4 it was fantastic playing Kevin's connect4. We looked good with the face paint. Every one looked amazing at the operetta.
    By Wynter.



    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss Suze did great teaching Rm10, the dancers and kapa haka so they where really good especially that Room 10.I can't watt till 2016.
    by jake Rm10

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was amazing to have Sharon and Tamzin to come in and do our makeup and it was only our class It made our class feel special.

    The first show on Monday I felt ok but the 9:45 show on Tuesday I was so nervous but the night one
    wow, there were so many people. I had butterflies in my tummy. It's like there were a thousand knots in my tummy.Being a part of the operetta Is a great honor and it's such fun doing the operetta but who we really need to thank is Whaea Sheryl for writing out the whole script.
    By Lyrica

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was so nervous before the Operetta and really excited too. It was really nice of Sharon and Tamsin to come in and do our makeup. The girls looked like a makeup cannon had exploded on our faces. All the girls looked really pretty and even some of the boys got makeup on too. My mum and dad were really of me and my mum got me a t-shirt.
    By Lara room 10.






























    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Tamzin and Sharon for our make up and i think you made us look awesome I think we put the ope into reta because all the adults were hypnotised and amused by our show. The over size clothing were great because they said 1.2.3 in their heads when the spotlight was on them and they spoke very clearly i think everyone did an awesome job. by Karasharn from room10

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW i hade so much much fun over the copel of days and when i go to bed and wake up i have glitter on my pillow
    from kelly room10 10

    ReplyDelete
  13. when we were getting ready for the operetta I felt nervous but when we got on stage I felt pretty confident so after the show I felt even more confident. :)

    by: Isikeli Gursimran

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi room10
    The operetta went fantastic,the giant clothing spoke so clear and loud.
    Everyone did the right dance move's and raised there hands.when the instrumental guitar part we all rocked.

    The kapa haka group where loud with sharp actions.
    from Alice Rm10

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow nice story room 10. I felt nervous when the first operetta started but I felt brave soon enough when second operetta started... I was watching you guys in the third operetta performance.
    Connor Rm9.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was so nerves when I heard the operetta was starting and excited to. It was nice that Sharon and Tamsin came in to do make-up.

    ReplyDelete