Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Year 6 visit to Peachgrove Intermediate



Today our Year 6's from HES have explored Peachgrove intermediate starting off with the hall, Mr Bromell giving s a little speech about Peachgrove and then off to cooking tech to maks some delicious smoothies (some people didn't like them).  Now lets go boogy (dancing) we get led to the dancing room and we take off our shoes and then everyone starts to say "I can't dance". The instructor says "Can you move your body?" "Yes" "Then you can dance!".  By Josh.

I'm walking in the gate thinking hmmm "I'm not sure about it". We played the drums in the music room. We started off by copying the teacher then he got us to play 2 different beats at once. It was super fun, after a while my hands got really really sore but it was worth it. By Kelly.

I saw most of my friends from last year and some family friends at Peachgrove Intermediate. We got a warm welcome from the student council. The best thing was technology because we got to work on the computer and I love technology. The thing that I am looking forward to is EVERYTHING because what I saw today gave me a taste of what I will be doing but the thing I am most looking forward to is drama. By Alaa.

There were like 2000 student. In the library there were really, really cool books and hard books. I am looking forward to learning more at Peachgrove. By Sapana.
Walking on the cold hard floor of the hall. A space of chairs for Hamilton East kids. Rows of maroon coloured chairs. The tall principal walking up ont he stage waiting for people to stop talking. SO MANY CLASSES!! SO MANY NEW BELLS AHH WHAT AM I GETTING INTO??!! All the teachers are so kind and friendly. Can't wait until next year because the wimming pool is heated and they swim for two seasons. By Elizabeth.

2 comments:

  1. WOW it sounds like you had a nice time at Peachgrove intermediate. DID you know I was the first Hamilton east school year 6 in the peachgrove school hall. I went in the biology and art room. The art room I made a shadow puppet and in the biology room I made a candle I had so much fun. I'm a bit worried about what class I'm going to be in. The test is in October and only English.
    FROM Nandani R10

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time at peachgrove intrmediate. Everyone there was so friendly either staff members or students.I hope Alaa enjoys her time there next year. DOAA

    ReplyDelete