Monday, August 8, 2016

Peachgrove Intermediate Visit

All the Year 6 students in Kauri Team travelled by bus to Peachgrove Intermediate to get a 'taste' of life at Intermediate. We were greeted by their kapahaka group and some of their teachers. 
Next we were split into three groups where we got to experience one of the arts and one of the technology options.

Some of us made toasted sandwiches and smoothies in food technology. 




In Hard Materials technology, we used different tools to construct a small wooden box with a lid.

 

We used the computers,in digital technology, to design a name tag.



The Arts options were drama, dance and music.





It was great to catch up with our friends that used to be at Hamilton East School.
Thanks Peachgrove Intermediate.
We had a blast and can't wait to come next year.


6 comments:

  1. Wow that sounds amazing, I wish I was a year 6 why don't you look on internet so you can make your own wooden things.

    Lochlan Room12

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved when we went to peachgrove cant wait to go there next year, I wonder what it will be like if we could go to peachgrove in another month, Maybe we could make more things other than box's next time??

    Franique Room 8

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being a Year 6 it was so much fun,I wish I could go back there and make more Wooden things.

    Franique Room 8.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so amazing that would be so cool making wooden toys and making toasties.
    I wonder what kind of toasties you made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to make toasties and wooden toys.
    If I was making wooden things I would research for Ideas.
    I really enjoyed looking at what you guys did.
    Tristan Room 11

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would of enjoyed going to peachgrove intermediat because I could of made toasies toys and all sorts of things.
    if i was making toys I would search up some Ideas on a computer.
    I hope your trip was awesome.

    ReplyDelete